|Q: How or where can I access the inputs and/or results of a run?|
A: In one of several ways, all of which are governed by TCGA data usage policy (and note that only the TCGA DCC requires password access, all Firehose and FireBrowse mechanisms are completely open for public use):
- Interactively within the FireBrowse UI
- Programmatically from FireBrowse through one of several means:
- En masse, using the firehose_get utility. It is worth noting that the FireBrowse RESTful API and firehose_get have different strengths: for fine-grained query and retrieval (e.g. the expression of a single gene, across all samples in a single cohort) the FireBrowse API is the better choice; but for bulk downloads (e.g. the expression of all genes, across all samples and cohorts) then firehose_get will yield significantly better performance.
- The meta-dashboard on our gdac.broadinstitute.org home page
- Directly from our standardized data dashboard or analysis dashboard
- Directly from the IGV File->Load From Server menu
- By clicking the "Download Results" tab in the Methods & Data section of our online reports:
from which you may simply navigate to the tumor type and run date of interest. More information on the nomenclature and content of these files is given below. Microsoft Windows-based users can use the WinRAR utility to unpack the archive files, while Unix and Apple Mac OS/X users can use the gzip and/or tar utilities.