Re: [GDAC-users] RSEM normalized gene expression

Subject:   Re: [GDAC-users] RSEM normalized gene expression (more for this subject)
From:   Michael Noble <> (more from this sender)
Date:   Sep 26, 2014 11:02

Also note that shortly we will be releasing an update to FireBrowse which will include Z scores in the Samples/mRNASeq expression API--the current plan is for that to happen next week.

-Mike

---

Michael S. Noble
Assistant Director for Data Science
Cancer Genome Computational Analysis
The Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard
Manager, Genome Data Analysis Center
The Cancer Genome Atlas

On Sep 26, 2014, at 10:21 AM, Hailei Zhang <> wrote:

> There description of RSEM value is in our website:
> https://confluence.broadinstitute.org/download/attachments/29790363/DESCRIPTION.txt?version=1&modificationDate=1363806109000
>
> If you want to compare genes across different tumor types, you can use Z-score value.
>
> Best,
> Hailei
>
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM, zhangqi007 via gdac <> wrote:
> Hi,  Could you provide more details about the meaning of "RSEM_genes_normalized_data"? How the normalization was done?  Can I compare the expression of my gene across different tissues using the normalized expression?
>
> Thanks.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to .